Once I got to the kitchen and started cooking this was what I ended up with… Gluten-Free Banana-Zucchini Pancakes and boy were they were YUMMY!
I like it when my experiments turn out the way my brain thinks they should. It’s rare that I measure anything when I cook, but I tried to pay attention so I’ll be able to replicate this recipe.
Thought I’d share it with you, in case you’re in the mood for some healthy pancakes and this recipe sounds like a winner to you too.
Gluten-Free Banana-Zucchini Pancakes
This recipe made 15 medium-sized pancakes.
- 1 Box Gluten Free Pantry brand – Brown Rice Pancake & Waffle Mix
- @ ¼ C soaked Chia Seeds (instead of 1 egg)
- 3 C unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 T Flax Oil
- 2 large over-ripe Bananas
- 1 small raw Zucchini Squash
Put Milk, soaked Chia seeds, & Bananas in Blender. Blend until smooth. Add Oil and blend again.
Pour Milk mixture over dry Pancake mix and beat together.
Grate Zucchini w/peel. (I used my hand-held cheese grater, for a fine stringy squash!) @ 1 C grated.
Add shredded Zucchini to mix and beat in.
Heat skillet. Spray pan lightly with oil.
- I used a ¼ cup measure to spoon mix and drop onto skillet, and used the back of the ¼ cup measure to spread out batter for thinner cakes once they hit the pan.
- 1 T Agave Syrup
- Maple sugar crystals
I cooked the whole batch, and now have a quick, easy, on-the-go breakfast for the next week. Pop two in the toaster-oven to warm up, and I’m out the door! Not sure I even need to bother with a topping.
Give my Banana-Zucchini Pancake recipe a try and let me know what you think. This is a great way to sneak one more serving of vegetables into your daily diet. (And if you have kids…I bet they won’t even know they’re eating their veggies!)