9 Important Questions to Help You Get Started Designing Your Personalized Fitness Plan
For wellness success, each of us need to design our own unique personalized fitness plan. Our plan for weekly workouts needs to be Realistic, Do-Able, Lifestyle-friendly, and ultimately something that we can create, modify, and stick with for a lifetime of good health.
If you are trying to figure out how to make this happen or are struggling to stay consistent with your exercise program, here are 9 important questions to ask yourself in order to design your Personalized Fitness Plan.
9 Tips to Design Your Personalized Fitness Plan:
- What time of the day works best for you to exercise? Morning/Afternoon/Evening
- How many days per week would you ideally like to be exercising?
- How many days per week is it realistic for you to be exercising?
- How long a time-slot can you commit to for your workouts?
(10 min x 3, 20-30 min, 30-45 min, 1 hour, 90 minutes, 2 or more hours)
- What types of activities do you LOVE doing?
(Create a list of health and fitness activities you LOVE)
- Aside from your “workouts” what other recreational activities do you want to incorporate into your week with friends and family? And how often do you want to participate in these activities?
- How many hours of sleep do you need to wake up rested and refreshed?
- What’s the best strategy for you to make healthy food choices?
- What activities help you wind-down, relax, and de-stress? (Meditation, reading, taking a bath, drawing…it can be anything.) Do you know what helps you, and are these things incorporated into your day/week?
Use the answers to these nine important questions as a springboard to design your personalized fitness plan, and be confident that you’re creating a lifestyle-friendly action plan you can easily put in place and stick with to reach your wellness goals.